Thursday, December 2, 2010

This is exactly why we should've gotten an artificial tree......

I was doing this instead of putting Christmas lights on the tree that has now been in our home for 5 days.  We did find the perfect tree and it is sooooo perfect that it doesn't need any decorations!  Ya right!

I found this on my friend Jenny's blog.  Hers turned out much better than mine but i am happy with my end result, so much so that i did a little rearranging and hung my prized piece of craftiness up immediately....instead of doing Christmas tree lights....i know, i know....i am off to do them  right after i post this! :-)

Here is the tutorial i followed:
http://livingwithlindsay.com/2009/11/librarians-please-avert-your-eyes.html
I used two different hardback books with discolored pages that i found at the Goodwill for $1.99 each and i purchased the wreath there too for .99 cents.  Picked up the ribbon at Dollar Tree and a few more glue sticks and this amazing project cost me less than $5.

What do you think?
You want to try it now too, don't you?
Only if you've put your Christmas tree lights up first though!





2 comments: